An array of fine foliage textures in shades of deep purple and gold are mixed with silvery greens and soft cotton to create this visually appealing combination. Perennial evergreens like Euphorbia and Heuchera make this a recipe that can be enjoyed year round.
- Carex ‘Toffee Twist’
- Euphorbia ‘Blackbird’
- Huechera ‘Berry Smooothie’
- Artificial Cotton Stems
- Dichondra ‘Silver Falls’
Crimson + Chartreuse
Vibrant lime greens and deep reds in the variegated leaves of Heuchera and Coleus contrast with the wispy plumes of the ornamental grass. The natural colors of fall create the prefect contrast for this container garden planting.
- Little Bunny Fountain Grass (Pennisetum a. ‘Little Bunny’)
- Coleus Stained Glassworks ‘Raspberry Tart’
- Creeping Jenny (Lysimachia n. ‘Aurea’)
- Heuchera ‘Buttered Rum’
Burgundy + Sage TextureThe sturdy Upright Yew anchors this full, transitional planting. Contrasting foliage texture from rigid, upright spikes and soft curly leaves create a unique visual pairing in this container creation.
- Red Shrimp Plant (Justicia b.)
- Rose Splash Polka Dot Plant (Hypoestes p.)
- Licorice Plant (Helichrysum)
- Upright Plum Yew (Cephelotaxus f. ‘Harringtonia’)
- Heuchera ‘Zipper’
The colors of fall explode from this container combination in vidid yellows, oranges and pinks. Traditional marigolds paired with the unique Croton give an unexpectedly bright twist to fall’s favorite hues.
- Little Hero Orange Marigold
- Lysimachia ‘Walkabout Sunset’
- Cockscomb (Celosia ‘Fashion Look Mix’)
These combinations that mix evergreens, perennials and seasonal annuals are great for the late summer to early fall transition. Each combo contains elements that will survive a mild winter. When the cold of winter zaps the summer annuals, simply pop in a pansy or other cool season flower to replace the color. The result is an attractive, year round, low maintenance container.